September 05, 2014

Flashback Gallery - Black Nazarene's First Visit to Cainta [12月9日2010]

My friend Daryll Credo (3rd from left) and me the author (6th from right) before the procession takes place.
Welcome to the first ever post of the Flashback Gallery. Here, where you can see some of my shots from the past year.

Right before I acquire my DSLR camera, I used my old digital camera (Nikon Coolpix L22) to take some shots on the Black Nazarene's first visit to my hometown of Cainta, then, when I saw the Black Nazarene for the first time, my life forever changed as I decided to shoot the coverage of this historic event.

During the time when Rev. Msgr. Arnel F. Lagarejos is the parish priest of Our Lady of Light Parish, the Black Nazarene arrives to see the parishioners to touch the image, in which it says it give miracles for healing, success and many others (I hope some cosers are going to touch the image because they wanted to be successful. God bless them).

If you probably don't know about this event, the Black Nazarene came from Quiapo, in which is situated in the heart of Manila, and the event is celebrated every 9th of January, when millions of maroon-clad barefooted devotees are attempting to touch the image, eventually, towels (handkerchiefs too) are used to toss and wipe on parts of the miraculous image. For more information, go to Wikipedia to find out.

The gallery can be found here.
History of the Black Nazarene from Wikipedia.


No comments:

Post a Comment