October 21, 2015

[十月三日] Cosplay Mania (Cosmania 2015) Day 1

BEST MOMENT: It's the Supreme Ruler! (and even the audience has gone nuts for this!)
It has been a tough ride for me since I am returning from this place here. This year's Cosplay Mania, which took place last October 3rd and 4th at the SMX Convention Center (Function Rooms 2 and 5 + Meeting Rooms 2-9), in which I choose day one of the said event. And of course I will share my experience on my trip from here. This year's event has a tremending star-studded guests throughout the event: Ladybeard, Loverin Tamburin, Pile (known as the voice actress of Maki Nishikino of Love Live!), Aya Ikeda, and many of more of the guests to entertain the fans and cosplayers alike. One of the most incredible guests in the Meet and Greet are Hana & Baozi and Ying Tze. I am also looking forward for next year's CosMania, because everyone's waiting for even more surprises to come.



Before I went there (the venue itself) because I am early bird person, I managed to buy a silver ticket, and the clerk give me a PWD discount and I pay PHP239 (PHP298 for non-PWD) on it. The following day on a hot, bright sunny afternoon on a strolling bus ride (I had to take my rosary to pray and reflect during my travels because Kami-sama's with me) to Galleria, then I walk through MRT Ortigas (this was the first time I use the Beep Card instead of the magnet ticket*) to have a ride from MRT Taft, but during the trip however, I've been stuck at MRT Magallanes due to the train's problem. And after a few minutes, the train continue to head forth to MRT Taft, and after a short jeep ride to Mall of Asia, I safely arrived at SMX to see and greet my friends from the community, either old and new. In the meantime, my friends from Hai Yo Master Chef are here for some group bonding (also I greet my friend Yoj to have a selfie with me) As I explore through some good kiosks (one came from the Embassy of Japan) and when I arrived at the stage area during the solo cosplay competition, someone has cosplay the Supreme Ruler. And thus the crowd goes crazy like hell. After my coverage on day one is over, my fellow admin from All Pretty Cure !!! (Keiko) took over the coverage from day two, ever since I am partially tired to recover my body.





And now for a few honorable mentions. I would simply like to thanks my friends from Hai Yo Master Chef, and of course this is my first holding the cute Bonaparte (I also call him Bona-chan) in my hands. And to Yoj Carranza, for having a bonding time with me (I'm not alone anymore without you!). And to my fellow admin and fellow Precure fan, Keiko, for bringing the epic coverage on the final day.

For more on this event (plus some awesome shots), go here.

* - Please take note as I had to use the single journey ticket instead of the stored value card (aka the blue one).

© Jamie Balgos: My friends from Hai Yo Master Chef during bonding time (and I attempt to feed Tir with a potato chip).

No comments:

Post a Comment