November 04, 2014

[十月三十一日] GTMACCON 4 Pre-Event

Berlin hugs Combatron. AWWW...

In the midst of my work as a parishioner and a cosplay photographer, I traveled to Jossa Manalili's* homeland in Quezon City to be part of the event for the fans of Pinoy Komiks** that is the GTMACCON 4 Pre-Event that is held last Halloween, October 31st*** at the upper ground floor of Fisher Mall. There is awesomeness in every bite for the fans of Philippine comics, and even my cosplay photographer buddies are here to take shots of the cosplayers here. The best part is a provocative zombie apocalypse theme, with the good guys battle the bad guys (zombies that is!).

Meanwhile, I meet some of the biggest stars in the world of Philippine comics. That includes the great Berlin H. Manalaysay, the creator of Combatron (aka the Filipino Megaman), Russell Reyes, the creator of Liga ni LikeMan, the lady behind Dragon Kid, Lady Storykeeper, and finally my idol and my hero, Pugad Baboy's Pol Medina, Jr. It was a fantastic coverage for me so I am happy to see my idol for the first time in my 25-year old life!

And now here are the shots:



The guys from Cyburban are here to enjoy the fun!
The great curator (the blog's author) and the people that I met (From L to R: Russell Reyes, Berlin H. Manalaysay, MJ Fragata of Cyburban and Pol Medina. Jr).
And to end my post here, I would simply like to inform you that I will be present at the event called 'CausePlay Open Photoshoot' presented by Aishiteru Anime (AA) and our friends from Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH) as your photog and blogger to go against bullying, and the event will be for the benefit of the victims of Super Typhoon Haiyan (local name 'Yolanda), which is been strucked by the country last year. Also, the event wants you to contribute to Cosplay Against Bullying and the Habitat for Humanity Race to 200K! The event will take place on the eve of my grandmother's (mom's side) 6th death anniversary, November 9th, at the Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center, and don't forget to pay 10 bucks for it as the entrance fee. And yes, cosplayers will join the cause by sponsor one unit of housing for the super typhoon victims.

For more on this event, go here.
Want to donate? Go to this link.
The event's page: CausePlay Open Photoshoot page
The article courtesy of NCPH.

* - Also known for her nickname, Yona.
** - Tagalog for 'Philippine comics'
*** - Taking place on the birthdays of Yuu Kashima (Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun) and Cecil Aijima (Uta no Prince-sama).

No comments:

Post a Comment