April 12, 2015

My SuiCon Experience

I always keep this button pin for months, or years, or FOREVER...

FOREWORD: I would like to thank the great Riou (aka Jamie Balgos), for the opportunity to make this post to avoid procrastination and distractions from Luca Blight.

It's been a while since I create my last post before my Holy Week break, and thank Kami-sama it is over. Through my career as a parishioner in Cainta, and a indie photographer (I was a rookie photographer at that time), I really didn't know about that game (go to YT and watch a Suikoden longplay on WoL*), but for some reason every Suikoden fan has to play with it on the PlayStation. I particularly did not know SuiCon ever since I become a photographer since 2010 (my cosplay photog life starts last year), but here's my partial take from last year's SuiCon that came last year in Kapitolyo Park in Pasig, that is situated far through Greenfield District, Shangri-La EDSA, and MRT Shaw Boulevard Station.

Images: © Remie Jordan (aka Tomoya Okazaki)

Now goes the fun part: the Nanami Ice Challenge.


CLIP: The start of the challenge - the harmless 'Level One' Nanami Ice.


Now this challenge might be for the brave at heart, and not for the weak heart, this contest could be the test for the brave man (and woman XD) to drink the infamous but despicably evil that is Nanami Ice. If my memory serves me correctly, this challenge also has a waiver, but I told to one of them that I will not take part of the challenge due to my weak stomach. Before the competition started, I checked on the six colored bottles (the bottles are lined up like a rainbow) and I checked one of them, and it smells like a foul bad breath like a dragon, and one that smells like Luca Blight's spoiled dinner that is stayed in the table for eight weeks. These bottles are called the 'Six Paths of Hell', each of the bottles consists of a level of pure evil that is put into the ice. And yes it's Mega Medicine-free, because if you use Mega Medicine, you get yourself disqualified. Basically if I remembered, my camera is go into recording mode when I record the two Nanami Ice challenges starting from level one, but due to the insufficient size of one of my SD cards, I was forced to record it by another SD card. Now I record the dreaded but unholy 'Level Six (aka the rape in a bottle)' in which the guys managed to drink it, but it took me three minutes to record it. And then at the end, Miklotov (aka Doumeki Housuke) wins, and bleeds blood like a vampire. Now all Miklotov needs to recover his iron stomach after the dreaded event (o kaya pupunta s'ya sa St. Luke's grabe XD).

CLIP: The dreaded 'Level Six' Nanami Ice.

Testimonial Time: I didn't have experience and knowledge about Suikoden. As for me, it is my first time going through that event involving a successful video game franchise. SuiCon might be the best, but it's the best event ever I ever covered through the year. I am glad to meet new friends from last year's event, but the best of it was even more better. I would partially give my honorable mention to Jamie,  By this year on the 15th day of the 12th month (December 15), every Suikoden fan from across the globe will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first Suikoden game in Japan for the PlayStation.

And to end my post here, I would ever wish that I would become one of the Stars of Destiny after I leave into this world...

I have to make a advert for the event because it's fun to make. Calling all Stars of Destiny from the Philippines! Make part of your own history and show your love for the game, as SuiCon 2015, presented by Hai Yo Master Chef and SuiCon PH, will take place on Pasig RAVE Rainforest Adventure Park (place is the Senior Citizen's Park) on May 9th from 1PM to 6PM! Lots of activites will take part of this year's incredible event dedicated to the most-celebrated franchise! See you there!

* - World of Longplays
BONUS (My favorites are Imprisoned Tow and Rock Rockland): Top 10 Best Suikoden Songs

No comments:

Post a Comment